Saturday 1 November 2008

Engagement Wishes

This card I found quite challenging my cousin has finally announced her engagement to her high school sweetheart-kind of new it was on the cards but came a bit sooner than expected.
I used SU Not Quite Navy(NNQ) as my Base card next I used Blush Blossom(BB)to matte-first time for using this colour I have then used the Always stamp set from SU and stamped the holly buds in blush blossom. Then with the remaining NQN and the BB cardstock I have then done a second matte,but this time on the BB I have stamped the Daisy flower out of the Always Set with BB. Then with Real Red(RR) ink I have stamped the Heart and the Always out of the Always set onto a piece of Whisper White and cut and punched them out. To finish I have punched out a RR scollop and taped the always onto the RR then I have magic mounted the Heart and the Always up. I have then used Dotty ribbon to tie and knot and Crystal icestickles onto the Heart to finish.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Alexandria said...

This is a beautiful card. I never would have thought to use those colors together. And adding the stickles really makes it sparkle!

~T~ said...

nice detail, very pretty

Kate Lewis said...

Hi Tash! Finally getting round to saying hi to my blogging sisters (#26) - lovely blog, look forward to getting to know you! THis is a lovely card, lovely colour combo! see ya soon! Kate x

Anne said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and that intricate heart image! You've been very busy lately - great cards :)
Anne

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous card! I love that heart and the icestickles really make it "pop"